Effective Feb 20, 2017
What information does Anka collect from me as an end user?
You can browse our Sites without telling us who you are or giving us any personally identifiable information about yourself.
When you visit the Sites, our web servers automatically collect limited information about your computer’s connection to the Internet, including your IP address (which is a number that lets computers attached to the Internet know where to send you data), domain server, operating system, and type of Web browser (“Automatic Data“). Automatic Data does not identify you personally. We use this Automatic Data to (i) deliver our web pages to you upon request; (ii) tailor our Sites to the interests of our users; (iii) help diagnose problems with our servers; (iv) administer our Sites in order to constantly improve the quality of the Sites; (v) measure traffic within our Sites; and (vi) prevent fraudulent use of the Sites by others. This Automatic Data collection may include but may not be limited to information collected by cookies, IP addresses, and transparent GIFs. We use this Automatic Data to report aggregated website activity and to better understand the needs of our users so we can make informed decisions regarding the content and design of the site.
In addition, you may provide us with personal information (“Personal Information“) when you use the Sites by explicitly providing this information to us (e.g., when you create a new account to make an online donation or purchase). Personal Information includes any information by which you can be personally identified and may include: your name, address, date of birth, phone, email address, credit or debit card number.
How does Anka use my information?
We may use and/or disclose your Personal Information for the following reasons:
• to contact you in response to your inquiries, comments and suggestions;
• to contact you otherwise when necessary;
• for the specific purpose for which it was volunteered;
• to track your use of our Sites for internal market research;
• to improve our Sites and the services we promote or provide through our Sites;
• to customize the content and/or layout of our Sites for each individual visitor;
• to ask for your participation in brief surveys;
• to be provided to third parties for the legitimate business purposes of those third parties;
• to generate aggregate statistical studies;
• to enforce this agreement;
• to be provided to persons and entities that perform functions on Anka’s behalf, such as fulfilling merchandise orders, sending mail and email, processing credit card payments or helping with the maintenance or setup of our servers or computers (“Third Party Service Providers”), where such persons or entities that have access to Personal Information needed to perform their functions are contractually prohibited from using such information for any other purpose;
• in connection with an acquisition, merger, restructuring, sale or other transfer involving all or any portion of the business associated with the Sites; as required by law or regulation, or as requested by government authorities, or for the protection of persons or property; and for other business purposes.
How can I stop receiving emails from Anka?
Your support in Empowering and Employing Syrian Refugees means the world to us. Should you no longer wish you receive emails or other notifications from us, please contact us or click on the link provided in our emails.
How does Anka protect my Personal Information?
Anka and/or its subcontractors institute reasonable electronic and administrative safeguards that are designed to protect your Personal Information from unauthorized access, including firewall technologies to help protect your data from hackers and other unwanted visitors. In addition, we use 128-bit Secure Socket Layer encryption (“SSL”) to protect your transmissions to us on our websites. SSL encryption seeks to ensure that you are actually sending your data to Anka, and it seeks to protect the data during transmission. We also may use a managed hosting provider and/or other subcontractors to assist us with the provision and maintenance of our Sites. If we do, we will impose on such provider confidentiality obligations for the treatment of information.
What about information I post on Social Media?
What if I am outside of the United States?
Your California Privacy Rights.
Last updated: (February 20, 2017)
What are cookies?
Cookies are small pieces of text sent by your web browser by a website you visit. A cookie file is stored in your web browser and allows the Service or a third-party to recognize you and make your next visit easier and the Service more useful to you.
Cookies can be “persistent” or “session” cookies.
When you use and access the Service, we may place a number of cookies files in your web browser.
We use both session and persistent cookies on the Service and we use different types of cookies to run the Service:
– Essential cookies. We may use essential cookies to authenticate users and prevent fraudulent use of user accounts.
In addition to our own cookies, we may also use various third-parties cookies to report usage statistics of the Service, deliver advertisements on and through the Service, and so on.
What are your choices regarding cookies?
Please note, however, that if you delete cookies or refuse to accept them, you might not be able to use all of the features we offer, you may not be able to store your preferences, and some of our pages might not display properly.
Where can your find more information about cookies?
You can learn more about cookies and the following third-party websites:
• All AboutCookies: http://www.allaboutcookies.org/
• Network Advertising Initiative: http://www.networkadvertising.org/
How do I contact The Anka Cooperative?
By email: email@example.com
By conventional mail: The Anka Cooperative C/O Woven Legends, Inc. 8227 Germantown Avenue, Unit#4363 Philadelphia, PA 19118